โจทย์วิชา Math Grade8
Ratio, Proportion, and Percent
1. In the figure, there are 2 pineapples, 2 pomelos, 1 jackfruit, 1 durian, 5 guavas, 4 mangoes, 7 rose apples, 1 bunch of bananas, among others. Write a ratio to compare the two quantities for each of the following problems :
1) Pineapples and durians
2) Jackfruits and pomelos
3) Bunches of bananas and guavas
4) Rose apples and mangoes.
1) The ratio of pineapples to durians is 2 : 1.
2) The ratio of jackfruits to pomelos is 1 : 2.
3) The ratio of hands of bananas to guavas is 1 : 5.
4) The ratio of rose apples to mangoes is 7 : 4.
2. Write the ratio to represent each of the following statements :
1) Supasinee drives 180 kilometers in 2 hours.
2) The lowest wage is 150 baht per day.
3) Eight workers can finish the work within 3 days.
4) A BTS skytrain travels at a speed of 80 kilometers per hour.
5) The distance of 1 centimeter on the floor plan represents 10 meters of actual distance.
1) The ratio of the time drives in hours to the distance in kilometers is 2 : 180 or 1 : 90.
2) The ratio of the wage in baht to the number of day is 150 : 1.
3) The ratio of the number of workers to number of days taken to finish the work is 8 : 3.
4) The ratio of the speed of BTS skytrain in kilometers to the time in hours is 80 : 1.
5) The ratio of the distance in a map in centimeter to the actual distance in meters is 1 : 10.
powered by Surfing Wave
3. A Thai flag is 80 centimeters wide and 1.4 meters long. Write the ratio to compare the flag’s width and length.
The ratio of the width in centimeters to the length in meters is 80 : 1.4.
4. Each day Sunita earns 35 baht and saves 5 baht. Write the ratio to compare the amount of money she saves to amount of money she earns.
The ratio of the money saved to the money Sunita earns is 5 : 35 or 1 : 7.
5. Nontaphat works off campus 4 hours a day. Write a ratio to compare the time he works off campus to one day.
The ratio of the time Nontaphat works off campus in hour to number of Nontaphat’s day = 4 : 1.